This is the Tenth in the Persecution Series, after The Persecution of Heretics, The Persecution of Vulnerable Adults, Harassment from the BBC to GMC, Harassment from Rolf Harris to James Coyne to Doctor Who, Persecution: Black Riders in the Shire, Persecution: Rumbles from Mordor, and fourth in the SUI Cide Series SUI Cide in Betsi, SUI Cide Trick or Treat, The SUI Cide Note.
Is what is happening down to a clash of personalities, a local vendetta – see Rumbles from Mordor, Government interference or Pharmaceutical Company interference? The cavalier lack of concern for due process might point to a ham-fisted local operation or it might point to government or company support creating a sense of invulnerability.
Creating a timeline can seem to tell a story – like looking in the flickering flames of a fire. Look closely and comment on what you see… Or if you have more beads that you think fit on this necklace please send.
- June: Healy lined up as expert in the Tobin v GSK case – a paroxetine (Paxil – Seroxat) suicide-homicide case.
- July: Healy told by Charlie Nemeroff, the Boss of Bosses, that working on the suicide effects of antidepressant is career ending.
- Nov: Healy gives Invited Lecture on the Creation of Psychopharmacology in the U Toronto
- Dec: Healy gets fired from U Toronto notionally for this lecture that covers the contents of a forthcoming Harvard U Press book
- June: Jury in Cheyenne returns a verdict against GSK in Tobin Homicide trial
- June: Judge in Sydney returns a verdict against Zoloft in Hawkins Homicide trial
- July: Publication of Study 329
- Sept: Panorama explore a Secrets of Seroxat program
- Oct: FDA “approve” paroxetine for children
- Oct: Secrets of Seroxat airs and focuses attention on Study 329
- May: Panorama follow-up Emails from the Edge appears
- June: Panorama programs leads MHRA to ban SSRIs for children
- Oct: FDA announces hearing on Antidepressants and Suicide
- Feb: First FDA hearing on Black Box Warning
- Feb: GSK Document on Study 329 appears. Paxil/Seroxat ineffective – we will ghostwrite the good bits
- June: New York State Fraud Action v GSK because of Study 329
- Sept: Congressional Hearings re FDA gagging whistleblowers
- Sept: Second FDA hearing – Black Box Warning put on Antidepressants for children
- Mar: Healy referred to GMC by Nutt and Goodwin – See Harassment from Rolf Harris to James Coyne to Doctor Who
- June: Because of the Study 329 settlement Steve Nissen gets access to GSK Avandia data and raises concerns
- July: GMC dismiss case against Healy as academic squabble
- Dec: FDA extend Black Box Warning on Antidepressants
- Jan: Panorama’s Secrets of the Drugs Trials airs – a program about Study 329
- Oct 1 Formation of BCUHB (Betsi): Wrexham take-over of N Wales.
- Appointment of Managers in Mental Health in Betsi
- Hunt for Evidence against Healy begins
- Avandia withdrawn in Europe
- Passage of the Welsh Mental Health Measure
- Mar: Bizarre invitation to Mental Health Review Tribunal to criticize Healy
- Sept: Andy Hughes, the only Welsh speaking psychiatrist in Wales leaves Hergest because “I could see the way things were going”.
- April: Richard Tranter “constructively dismissed” leaves N Wales
- May: Effort to remove David Healy from Hergest
- July: Management Attempt to close a GMC praised pastoral system for Junior Doctors in Hergest
- July: First news of GSK’s Record $3 Billion Fine stemming from Study 329 and Avandia
- Sept: Healy Files a Whistle-blowing & Grievance process
- Oct: Imposition by Betsi of Rae Review on Hergest
- Nov: Rae Review disbanded in response to Hergest questions about who is Malcolm Rae.
- Nov: Struggle over European Medicine’s Agency commitment to transparency of Clinical Trial Data
- Dec: Wrexham Bullying removes Lena Henry as Hergest Matron.
- Dec: LH Replacement Ambiguities – unresolved 2 years later.
- Dec: Healy Whistle-blowing & Grievance process sabotaged
- Dec: Healy approaches GMC re BCUHB
- Mar: Imposition of an “Improvement Program” on Hergest
- July: Summary Dismissal of Anne Ward and Shyam Kishto
- July: Publication of RIAT Article, Doshi, Jefferson, Healy et al
- July: Board alerted to Serious Illegality
- July: 35 nursing staff from Hergest become whistle-blowers.
- Aug: Whistle blowing concerns include Factor Y
- Aug: Hergest nursing staff whistle-blowing investigation starts
- Aug: Incident Manufacture re Healy on Taliesin Ward
- Aug: RIAT team including Healy begin Rewrite of Study 329
- Sept: X Factor
- Sept: Royal College Psychiatrist Hergest Review fiasco
- Sept: College give Credence to Taliesin non-incident
- Nov: AW and SK Grievance fully supported – nothing happens.
- Dec: Hergest nursing staff whistleblowing investigation kicked to long grass
- Dec: Hergest Senior Staff vote no confidence in Wrexham management.
- Dec: Strange Health Inspectorate Wales report on Hergest – parrots Management
- Dec: Welsh Government demand closure of Hergest
- Dec: Management try to move Drs Healy & Roberts out of Hergest.
- Dec: Incident in Tawel-y-Fan – now subject to police investigation
- Feb: Study 329 RIAT team access GSK Periscope to look at patient level data
- Feb: Factor X intensifies
- Mar: Pre-SUI Dr Higgo has report written on Healy – See SUI Cide Note
- Mar: CASE A SUI Interview invitation
- April: Fake SUI Interview of Healy – See SUI Cide is Painless
- April: CASE B Human Rights Abuse
- April: Factor X goes Critical
- May: Second HIW visit to Hergest – HIW parrots Management
- May: Med Director intimidating letter to Healy
- June: Med Director approaches GMC and R College Psychiatrists re Healy
- June: Med Director institutes a strange non-process with Healy
- July: Factor X
- Aug: GMC investigation letter arrives
- Sept: Rewritten Study 329 submitted to Journal
- Sept: Healy responds to GMC
- Sept: Murder Mystery begins
- Oct: Healy gets Betsi docs under FOIA
- Nov: Reviews of Study 329 Arrive
- Nov: Factor Y goes critical
The next series of posts will attempt to piece the bits of jigsaw together to see whether one picture is more likely than another.