Children of the Cure
Missing Data, Lost Lives and Antidepressants.
by David Healy, Joanna Le Noury and Julie Wood.
Samizdat Health (2020)
The Decapitation of Care
A short history of the rise and fall of healthcare.
by David Healy, with illustrations from Billiam James.
Samizdat Health (2020)
Pharmaceutical companies have hijacked healthcare in America, and the results are life-threatening.
Dr. David Healy documents a riveting and terrifying story that affects us all.
Pharmageddon is the story of a tragedy.
A Short History of Bipolar Disorder (Johns Hopkins Biographies of Disease)
Paperback Edition 2011
Johns Hopkins University Press (2010)
Psychiatric Drugs Explained
Clear and comprehensive guide to the uses, benefits, and impact of psychotropic drugs
Churchill Livingstone; 5th edition (2008)
Sixth Edition Scheduled
Let Them Eat Prozac
The Unhealthy Relationship Between the Pharmaceutical Industry and Depression (Medicine, Culture, and History)
New York University Press (2004)
The Creation of Psychopharmacology
The discovery and development of antipsychotic medication
Harvard University Press (2002)
The Psychopharmacologists (Vol 3)
Completes a trio of interview-based books about the process of therapeutic innovation in clinical psychiatry
Arnold, London (2000)
The Antidepressant Era
The first complete account of the phenomenon of antidepressants
Harvard University Press (1999)
The History of Electroconvulsive Treatment in Mental Illness
Rutgers University Press (2007)
- Healy D. The Suspended Revolution: Psychiatry and Psychotherapy Re-examined Faber & Faber, London 1990
- Healy D. Images of Trauma: From Hysteria to Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. Faber & Faber, London, 1993
- Healy D, Doogan D (Eds). Psychotropic Drug Development; Social, Economic and Pharmacological Aspects. Chapman and Hall, London 1996
- Healy D. The Psychopharmacologists Volume 1, Chapman & Hall, London, 1996; Arnold, London, 2002
- Healy D. The Psychopharmacologists Volume 2. Chapman & Hall, London, 1998; Arnold, London 1999.
- Healy D. The Psychopharmacologists Volume 3. Arnold, London (2000)
- Shorter E, Healy D. Shock Therapy: A History of Electroconvulsive Treatment in Mental Illness. Rutgers University Press/ University of Toronto Press. 2007
- Ban T, Healy D, Shorter E (Eds). The Rise of Psychopharmacology & The Story of the CINP, Animula, Budapest, 1998
- Ban T, Healy D, Shorter E (Eds). The Triumph of Psychopharmacology & The CINP, Animula, Budapest, 2000
- Ban T, Healy D, Shorter E (Eds). From Psychopharmacology to Neuropsychopharmacology & The Story of the CINP, Animula, Budapest, 2002
- Ban T, Healy D, Shorter E (Eds). Reflections on Twentieth Century Psychopharmacology, Animula, Budapest, 2004