Here is a first stab at a series of ‘short’ video clips which apparently better for marketing ideas that full length lectures – see below. They are drawn from Beware Doctors Bearing Gifts.
- Military Medicine – Drugs and Guns
- The Life Pfizer Want you to Live
- Wealth Makes Health
- Medical Neo-Liberalism
- What Do Women Most Desire
- Doctors are the New Bankers
- We Are All First Nations Now
Tom Paul, who recorded the Lethbridge lecture – see In Memory of Dexter – came up with the idea of chopping the talk up into chunks. Everybody is doing it he said – no-one is going to listen to a 70 minute lecture these days.
The deal now is small snippets that work on twitter, with captions and animation. He told me people are doing good business these days showing academics and others how to go viral. He sent me clips of Jordan Peterson, who’s been at this for some time.
- Youtube Shorts/Reels: 60s
- Instagram: 90s
- Facebook: 60s
- TikTok: 60s (best performance seen at this length) – however, can be up to 10 minutes now)